Thursday, March 16, 2017

Extra Credit--Amazon Catalyst

Amazon came to campus today to discuss a grant program they have through UW's comotion labs called Amazon Catalyst. This was a great talk to attend because Amazon is looking to give $100,000 to entrepreneurs  with a "novel idea." This is very exciting because I of course think my company is a novel idea trying to solve a very serious problem. Besides learning about the grant, I also had the opportunity to talk to some of the kids in class I don't normally get to interact with. This was a blessing in disguise for me because since talking to a classmate about the project I'm working, I've been offered a desk at UW's Startup Hall because of a simple introduction which was made on my behalf from Tarik. I'm not sure what will come of the grant process. I will need to look more into what rights I'd be giving away to Amazon by signing on with them if I were to win this award. But none the less coming to this talk has already had a huge impact on the direction of my business. The application is due on the 26th of March, so about two weeks from now, but the application was designed to be filled out in one sitting so I'm not too worried about getting it done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment