Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What I Want to Learn about Entrepreneurship

As someone who is finishing up their last quarter of school, coming face to face with the "real world' is a scary prospect. I've had multiple internships throughout my undergraduate career so I know what the corporate world is like, and that's what scares me. I don't want to be controlled. I don't want to be bringing in millions of dollars worth of IP but me myself earning a fraction of that. I want to be somewhere where I'm valued and where my opinion matters. From my working experience, I can say that I'm a leader and I know what I'm worth, that's why I've started my own company. I'm taking this class so I can gain a simple understanding of what it'll take for my business to succeed. In this class I'm hoping to realize what it takes for an early stage startup to not fall apart. I accept and understand that I in no way have any idea what I'm doing. But one of my greatest strengths is my willingness to listen and get the job done no matter what it requires. I'm sure that as long as I keep my mind open and continue to absorb everything Andrew goes over, I'll be just fine. Having the opportunity to learn from Andrew is invaluable because he actually lived my dream. For the next 10 weeks I want to strengthen the idea which I've already began to build out, and hopefully earn the validation of my classmates and instructor along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment